Thursday, February 26, 2009

Do you remember me?

I can't believe it's been a month since I last blogged. It's been a rough month. But nothing I care to blog about for the world to see. Nearest and dearest are aware and that's enough for me.

But we're past things now. The month of February 2009 can stay gone forever and I don't care to remember much of it. Really I don't anyways, so that's a good thing, I guess.

I've been in such a funk and just had to snap out of it. I think I'm out of it. It must be the late winter blues. I'm so sick of this cold weather, these gray days and just all the yuck of the kids being sick!! I need the sunshine. I crave the warmth. I've even taught the kids to tell daddy that we want to move to Tennessee and we don't want to live in the winter anymore! lol He doesn't answer us...lol

Anyways, the little kids have been doing well. Sick with a nasty cough for the last week or more. It has finally settled in to their ears. All 3 of them have ear infections, in their left ears. I took Dylan to the pediatrician on Tuesday. I didn't even think to have the ped check the other two's ears. When we got home that night, Ayden started complaining about his ear. I tried not to make an issue out of it, in case it's just because Dylan gets medicine. My kids enjoy their medications! lol Anyways. He had a restless night and I gave him some Motrin to get through the night. Then after he was settled, Ryley came to my bed and was complaining about her ears hurting. So I gave her Motrin to get us through the night. It was a rough night. So I call first thing yesterday morning, hoping we can just get some antibiotics called in, since we were just there, he knew the others had colds, etc. But the nurse had to make sure to inform me that they don't normally like to call in antibiotics on a whim. That ear infections are not contagious, etc. I informed her that I was aware that ear infections were not contagious and that we were just there yesterday. I made mention that I wished I would have had the ped do an ear check and she informed me that they don't like to do that kind of thing. I was clearly an idiot and just didn't know anything. My bad, I'm sorry to bother you at work with my problems. So she takes the info, says she'll call back after talking with the doctor. Get the call back, informs me yet again, that ear infections are not contagious. I inform her again that I'm aware of that. She says the doctor wants them to be seen and that they don't like to prescribe antibiotics sight unseen and something about abusing antibiotics, blah, blah.

So I take them to the appointment. Get in there. The ped has this whole thought process that I'm some drug seeking parent or something. He pretty much went through the same dialogue the nurse told me. Is this stuff scripted?? I again, said I was aware that ear infections were not contagious. Do these people not realize that I know my children? That if my children complain of an ear ache, they do indeed have an ear infection? We haven't missed that call yet! Anyways, he also says that at times the power of suggestion in siblings can cause this. I wanted to smack him. Was he really going to sit there and treat me like some unaware parent? That I'm seeking out antibiotics because I feel like it? What the hell. So he finally gets to the checking of their ears and OH. MY. GAWD. They have ear infections. Both of them. Wow. Whodathunk?? (insert eyeroll here). Then he has to switch gears and say that with multiples you can see this type of thing since they could have similar jawline structures, ear structures, etc. I about laughed out loud. Okay a minute ago it was the power of suggestion and that my kids were making this shit up. Now it's because they are triplets that they all have an ear infection in the same ear. Whatever dude, just give us the medication we seek and we'll be on our way. Next time I'm seeking drugs, I'll be sure to seek something that is a bit more fun than amoxicilllin, I promise you that!

6 comments:

Nicole O'Dell said...

Oh I hate those kinds of attitudes. Grrrr!

I hope the kiddos heal quickly!

Welcome back!!

Ava and the Trips said...

I have missed you! Glad to see you are back. I hear you on the sick kids...I am so over it!

loren said...

What I want to know is: did you hold back or did you let them know you were peeved? (I want to live vicariously.)

Welcome back :)

Triplethefunplus2 said...

Oh yes, they both knew I wasn't a happy camper. Him by my face and tone and throwing on the kids coats while he was still talking.

Her by my tone, since she was only on the phone. I'm not very good at hiding my feelings. lol

FrenznickFive said...

I was just looking at my blog roll the other day and saw you haven't posted in FOREVER and wondered where you have been! Welcome back to the blog world!!

ohno4kids said...

Amen to that! We had the same thing. In the peds office 2 days in a row. i got the same lecture. Guess what??? Mama was right!