Monday, October 27, 2008

Our New Sundays

http://www.firstchristian.info/

Thanks for the link from my buddy: http://jesses3some.blogspot.com/

(someone please explain to me how to do the links where you just click them in your blogs, cause I just can't figure it out!)

We went to church yesterday for the first time in quite a long time. It was great. It was different. I plan to go back. Not so sure about Jon, but he may tag along here and there. I hope more often than that, but it's up to him. The kids loved going to "church school" and talked about it all day yesterday. This place is huge and wow. It's a contemporary type of set up. Something this traditional Lutheran church girl isn't quite used to. Jeans to church? My friend, Jessica, said spaghetti straps and tank tops in the summer. I probably won't be taking it that far, but a more relaxed atmosphere could be fun. They have a traditional service early that I might attend every now and again to make me feel like it's really church! lol They even have a teen church, where they go off on their own and do their thing while we're doing ours. They have a check in system that is awesome when you drop of the little ones to their respective classes and do their own thing. There is a big screen up on the stage and a band. It was great! I'll be back.



Sorry for the crappy pictures, it was with my cell phone.

1 comment:

Nothing shocks me anymore... said...

Oh Don't forget the indoor FREE playland that is open 6 days a week.. LOL! I am sure the kids have NOT forgotten that.. I agree it is a huge change coming from both of our traditional backgrounds.. BUT it is so nice to see such enjoyment and excitement in the auditorium.