Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Daily Happenings

Well we have the first week of preschool under our belt and they did pretty darn good for never having been in any type of daycare/school setting. Ryley was worried about her mommy, that's why she cried. Yesterday and today, she did fantastic! She was so proud of herself yesterday for not crying! Today she barely said goodbye to me before bounding up the stairs and in to school. I'm so proud of them.

Dealing with teenagers and preschoolers is a bit stressful. More so with teenagers any day of the week! Don't let anyone fool you and say that triplets are the hardest thing ever. Teenagers are the hardest thing ever! I'm getting gray hairs daily. I'm hoping that we can work through some of the issues we're dealing with right now and everyone comes out intact! I'm proud of my 2 older kids. They are great people. It's just a matter of them seeing that for themselves.

Tyler's playing fall baseball and has a bit of traveling to do this season. We're hoping some college exposure comes from this. He's a pitcher, for anyone that doesn't know. He's a darn good one, if I do say so myself! lol He has generated some interest in himself, so we'll see where it takes him. He is not sure what he wants to do, career wise, but he's kicking around a few ideas. He's not sure he'll be able to play baseball in college and carry the course load, but we'll see how it goes. I still can't believe he's a senior and that we're at this point with him already!

Not much else going on. Busy Labor Day weekend, but it was fun. The kids got to swim, at least one last time this season. Spent time with cousins, which is always a fun time.

The little ones start back with gymnastics and their first swim lessons next week. They're excited! I'm excited for them to have something to do besides be at home. I do have to say that since they've started preschool, we've been able to reclaim the house somewhat. It's not getting trashed as quickly and it's just more manageable around here. It's also nice to get a couple hours a day to myself to clear my head, collect my thoughts and just have some ME time. I'm more relaxed and not near as stressed. I'm still WAY stressed, but it's not to breaking point anymore. School has been the best thing for them and for me!!

I'll come back and upload any pics that are worth sharing from the weekend when I get them downloaded. Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!!

1 comment:

loren said...

So glad that this week went okay with preschool! I was SO worried that they'd cry OR someone would poop in their pants during class.

If teenagers are terrible, I cringe at the thought of... gasp... TEENAGE TRIPLETS.