Saturday, August 02, 2008

Leaving on a jet plane

I'm sitting here waiting for Stephanie to come home from Georgia. She has spent the last 2 weeks there with my sister. They drove down from here, after visiting. Steph is flying home on her own tonight from there. She was scheduled to leave at 8:25 p.m. About 7:45ish my sister calls to say they've got bad storms and not sure if the plane will leave on time. All day the weather was great, hot and sunny! Fabulous. I check the weather and they've got a bad storm cell right over them. It's now 10:30 and she still hasn't left. The storm has been long gone, but all the planes that couldn't fly in to Atlanta were redirected and/or delayed. So they are still waiting for them to catch up. Her plane is supposed to be landing in about 20 minutes and then she is supposed to leave about 11 p.m. It's an hour and a half direct flight to Akron-Canton. I will be able to get her directly from the gate since she's a minor. I'm just glad my sister has been able to sit at the gate with Stephanie.

So here I sit, waiting to leave and hoping that Steph does fine on her first flight, let alone her first flight alone...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She will do FINE! That is a short flight for a first timer.. By the time they get off the ground.. pass out drinks/snacks.. clean up and plan to land time will be gone.. You are surely more worried then she is!

Jess