Friday, January 02, 2009

My Son Is An Adult Now

Wow! Where did the time go? He's 18 today. I can't believe it! Where does the time go? I remember when he was born, as if it were yesterday. He was big and perfect and everything I had imagined him to be. I was in love. He has grown up in the blink of an eye. I want time to go back, I want to cuddle my little man again. I want to see his big blue eyes and blonde curls seeing things for the first time. It's a sad/very happy time. We did it. We raised a responsible young man. Someone who has a bright future. Someone kind, caring and loving. Our job isn't done, but the hardest parts are behind us. We have 4 more to go. It's an amazing job and one I feel so blessed to have.

I love you Tyler. I am so proud of you.










"Nobody tells you that if you live long enough and if you survive the inevitable stresses and mistakes, the best part of parenting is having your children in your life as adults ... your ultimate purpose is to get through the child development years to savor the pleasure of having in your life a magnificent adult with whom you have an excellent relationship ... if you're aware at the beginning how this process works, you can make better choices about the kind of memories you want to end up with."
Lois Haddad

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Except for the blonde lockes he hasn't changed a bit. My favorite is his face when he's in his walker!! How cute!

Anonymous said...

Ok, is it all right to admit I teared up? Beautiful pictures, beautiful boy. Ahem. Young man. Happy birthday, Tyler!