Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Post You've Been Waiting For

So I know you've been counting the days until you could see the finished product. You've dreamt of this moment. It will take your breath away, let me tell you!

I spent hours making these cupcakes. My feet ache and my back hurts. My hand cramped up and may never recover! But they're done. I'm happy with them. I made some for both classes and it better be appreciated. I have visions of a not so welcome reception of my cupcakes from the boys class. They aren't expecting them and well ya know.



But here they are, in all their glory!



I know what you're thinking, ummmmm ya, what happened to the bat cupcake? What happened to the frankenstein head? Where are all the fancy freaking cupcakes?? I'll tell you where they are, stuck in the stupid magazine page is where they are! I tried that peanut butter cup bat trick. It's a trick I tell ya. Those aren't normal size cupcakes, they can't be. They gotta be giant cupcakes. There is no room for the bat and the bat doesn't stick...So that idea turned to let's just do spiderweb cupcakes, which turned to let's make them a couple different colors. So ya. I had high expectations and the above is what was the result.

Forgot to add those are spider rings on them. I figured I couldn't use only some and then all the kids want them. So let's pray that no one pops them in their mouths and chokes!!

9 comments:

Nothing shocks me anymore... said...

Those look awesome! I am a baker and a cook but I am NOT a decorator.. Way to go mama!

Stephanie said...

They're adorable and I bet they are delicious too. You know those magazines probably use cupcakes the size of Starbucks miffins anyway just to make us moms feel bad when we can't recreate it. LOL!

ohno4kids said...

They are still cute. I made Owl cupcakes for Delaney's class, but I think their going to fall apart over night. I swear if they do the kids can eat cupcake mush!

Michele S said...

Holy Smokes! Those turned out great! Are you all hunched over now from frosting those?

And your nerd turned into a Superhero? Are you beating off the high school girls with a bat?

Maggie said...

I think they look great! And trust me those kids will not even notice the others missing, those will be gobbled up so fast they'll forget what was even on them! LOL
Have a great Halloween!

Triplets+3=Crazy said...

WOW! I must say those are amazing! Who cares if the Bat & Frankenstien are missing ( I would have never known if I had't seen the picture in the post ! )

GREAT JOB !

Ava and the Trips said...

Those look great! I was bummed when my SIL signed me up for jello jigglers, I was hoping to get the plates or napkins!

peapodsquadmom said...

Oh, I've fallen into that trap before. I've tried to replicate the cute cupcakes in magazine pics. It NEVER works. Yours are adorable!

Anonymous said...

They look FANTASTIC!!! And, since your hand looks more like a claw now anyway, I'll treat you to Starbucks to celebrate. That claw is the perfect shape for holding a venti drink, dontcha think? ;-)